You can register your nameservers from within your GoDaddy Account Manager. Registering your nameserver IP addresses allows you to define a name for your server based on your domain name. You can register any host name you wish in the format:host.domain.tld
If you understand what is involved and have made the necessary preparations, please follow the steps below to register your nameservers.
Setting Up Your Private Nameservers
You will need to have access to the welcome email HostGator sent you when you opened your hosting account as it has information you need to set up the private nameservers.
- Go to your GoDaddy Account Manager.
- Log in using your account username (which may be the same as your customer number) and password.
- If you have trouble logging in, the Password Reset Form may help you.
- Next to Domains, click the green Launch button.
- Click on the domain for which you'd like to set up private nameservers.
- On the Settings tab, under Host Names, click Manage.
- Click the Add Hostname button in the popup.
- For Hostname, input ns1 in the box.
- For IP Address, enter the first private nameserver IP address provided in the welcome email.
- Click Add.
- Click the Add button in the popup.
- For Hostname, input ns2 in the box.
- For IP Address, enter the second private nameserver IP address provided in the welcome email.
- Click Add.
Once your nameservers are successfully registered, you can set all of your domain names to use the private nameservers you registered.
Keep in mind, like most nameserver changes, it will take an additional 24 to 48 hours (sometimes quicker) for this change to propagate and be usable. This delay applies to all domains with any registrar, not just GoDaddy.
F - Network Solutions
- Visit our website at http://www.networksolutions.com .
- Enter your User ID and password in the dialogue box provided beneath the "Customer Log In" header, click "Log In".
- Click "Manage host Servers" at the bottom of the left navigation. If "Manage Host Servers" does not appear once you have logged in, cut and paste the following URL into your browser: https://www.networksolutions.com/en_US/manage-it/manage-nameservers.jhtml
- Enter the name of the host server to be created or modified into the first dialog box provided, click "Continue".
- Enter or verify the IP address. Click "Continue".
- Confirm the changes to the host server. If the information is correct, click "Apply Change".
- Your changes have been submitted. Click "Back to Account Manager Home".
G - Open SRS
- Log into http://manage.opensrs.net with the domain name, username and password. If you don't have these you will have to contact your Reseller.
- Choose "Name Servers" from the options at the top of the page.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, where it says "If you want to create of modify a name server based on domain name, click here".
- Click there :)
- You will see a set of boxes, one of which will accept data. The second box will not be editable, and will display your domain name. Choose a nameserver prefix and type it into the box.
PLEASE NOTE: DO NOT USE WWW or MAIL AS A NAME SERVER PREFIX! ns1 or dns1 would be a good idea. The full contents of these boxes (eg. Dns1.yourdomainname.com) will be the name of the new nameserver. In the IP box, you will need to type in the IP number of your domain's name server.
- Click on the "Create Nameserver" option.
H - 000
I - Name Cheap
Click the link - http://www.namecheap.com/support/knowledgebase/article.aspx/768/10/