Portal Home > Knowledgebase > Private DNS > How to create private namer server with godaddy.com
How to create private namer server with godaddy.com
You will need to have access to the welcome email RFH sent you when you opened your hosting account as it has information you need to set up the private nameservers.
If you do not have the welcome email from RFH, please contact us and we can resend the email or provide you with the IP addresses you need to use for the private nameservers.
- Go to your GoDaddy Account Manager.
- Log in using your account username (which may be the same as your customer number) and password.
- Next to Domains, click the green Launch button.
- Click on the domain for which you'd like to set up private nameservers.
- On the Settings tab, under Host Names, click Manage.
- Click the Add Hostname button in the popup.
- For Hostname, input ns1 in the box.
- For IP Address, enter the first private nameserver IP address provided in the welcome email.
- Click Add.
- Click the Add button in the popup.
- For Hostname, input ns2 in the box.
- For IP Address, enter the second private nameserver IP address provided in the welcome email.
- Click Add.
Note: It may take 24 to 48 hours for GoDaddy to register your private nameservers; however, for .com and .net domains, the time is typically 4 to 8 hours.
Once your nameservers are successfully registered, you can set all of your domain names to use the private nameservers you registered.
Keep in mind, like most nameserver changes, it will take an additional 24 to 48 hours (sometimes quicker) for this change to propagate and be usable. This delay applies to all domains with any registrar, not just GoDaddy.
Add to Favourites Print this Article
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution